Tamarack Lodge is situated on family run beef and sheep farm in the beautiful Blackdown Hills, an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty near the Somerset/Devon border.
The farm, in organic conversion and also in an Environmentally Sensitive Area (ESA), has two County Wildlife Sites and is bounded on one side by the Yarty river. There are many beautiful walks in the immediate area. Cyclists, walkers and bird watchers are all very welcome.
Further afield are:
- Otterhead lakes (1½ m)
- Wellington monument and Castle Neroche (3½m)
- Market towns of Taunton and Wellington
- Glastonbury and the Somerset levels
- The Quantock, Brendon & Mendip Hills
- Two coastlines including Jurassic coast and Exmoor with its coast
- Exmoor and Dartmoor
- The West Somerset Steam Railway
- Dunster Castle
- Exeter Cathedral
- The City of Bath